Ski TouringAccess to Some of the Best Terrain
Please be aware that this terrain is in the backcountry and is not patrolled by anyone from the Sea to Sky Gondola.
Endless options for the experienced!
Tips for Ski Touring:
- Dress appropriately.
- Never ski alone.
- Always carry an avalanche transceiver and have demonstrated ability to use it.
- Always bring a shovel.
- Consider bringing a saw to cut through fallen trees.
- Always carry an avalanche probe.
- Be aware of the difficulty of the terrain and your maximum ability.
- Have knowledge of what to do if you find yourself or someone else in an avalanche.
- Always check local avalanche conditions before going.
- Be aware of this winter’s snowpack layers.
- Know the recent snowfall.
- Know the current weather conditions (temperature, snowfall, and visibility).
Experience a year of adventure, events and activities with an Annual Pass.Learn More about Annual Pass
Discover more great events
Our favourite events are back!Learn More about Discover more great events
Sky Pilot Restaurant
Nestled in the Summit Lodge, at the peak of the gondola, is the Sky Pilot EateryLearn More about Sky Pilot Restaurant