Waste Management Team Member
Start Date: April End Date: Mid to late September
Hours Per Week: 25-40
Wage: $15/hour to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Working primarily at the base of the gondola, ensuring proper garbage, recycling and compost procedure in adherence to the Sea to Sky Gondola standards.
• Do you enjoy working outside in all weather conditions?
• Do you have a friendly disposition that you can bring to work on a daily basis?
• Are you good a multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the garbage, recycling and compost area is clean and organized
• Maintain a safe work environment with awareness of and adhering to Bear Smart
• Maintain cleanliness of the loading area
• Ensure that all food service outlets are equipped with clean garbage, recycling and compost bins for daily service
• Keep station up to sanitation and safety standards
• Ensure that Carney’s pickup schedule and contact information is clearly communicated to all involved parties
• Ensure that all recyclables, bottle, keg, and palette/crate returns are occurring as needed (prior to month end inventory counts)
• Have consistent communication with your Supervisor in regards to all waste removal
• Identify and quantify wastes
• Coordinate the documentation to label, move, track and report waste and waste initiatives
• Promote sustainability by following recycling & composting procedures
• Regularly interact with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
• Some heavy lifting required
• Adaptable and willing to assist other areas as required
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.