Stay up to date on the daily weather and activities available at the Sea to Sky Gondola. Daily conditions are updated at 8:45am each morning.
Today's Hours of Operation
Open: 10am-5pm (last ride down 6pm)
Daily Guided Walking tour 11am, meeting at the map board
Daily Guided Snowshoe tour 1pm until 2:30pm ADULT $25 + tax (Tour only)
Tubing has two lanes open from 10am to 5:00pm daily
Snow Base: 100cm
New Snow: trace
Temperature: Currently -4c at the summit
Cloudy with sunny periods today
Spirit Loop - Open. Easy Walking. Some ares are clear of snow, but expect slippery sections.
Panorama Loop - Open. Snow covered. Snowshoes or hiking footwear/crampons are highly recommended on the trail. Proper footwear mandatory.
Wonderland Lake Loop - Open. Snow covered. Snowshoes mandatory. Use caution on bridges/water crossings.
Al's Habrich Trail - Open. Please access via winter route. Follow signs to new entrance. Hard packed snow conditions. Winter navigation more difficult. Crampons/snowshoes are needed.
Sea to Summit - Open. Snow/ice on the trail. Micro spike/crampons mandatory. Changing spring conditions. Trail over rock may be icy.
*Shannon Basin Loop - Open. Machine groomed up to Shannon Creek. Please note: The south-east leg of Shannon Basin Loop, (from marker 37 to 114) can not be machine groomed.
*Back Country Access Road - Sky Pilot Valley Trail - Open. Machine groomed. Crampons/snowshoes recommended.
*Multi Use Trails - Last groomed Feb 26th, 2017
The avalanche hazard rating, as rated by Avalanche Canada for the South Coast zone, in which the gondola and terrain associated with it, are located is Moderate.
- Wear approriate clothing and footwear for snowy, cold, slippery conditions on all trails. Be prepared!
Small children require close adult supervision, particularly off trail, and around tree wells, which can be hazardous in deep snow.
You MUST be prepared with proper gear before your hikes: proper treaded winter footwear, head lamp and extra clothing if venturing out on extended hikes. Let someone know where you are going. Carry a fully charged cell phone and plan for darkness and rapidly dropping temperatures.
- Know before you go! The gondola is subject to unscheduled closures due to weather. Check our website, or check in with Guest Services if the gondola is part of your hiking plan. You need to be prepared for a 2-way hike. Use extra diligence during weather events, including forecasted outflow winds.
- Expect high water in creeks and river beds. Possible bridge wash-outs, and difficult or impossible creek crossings. Supervise children and pets closely. Not all creeks and ponds are frozen sufficiently for crossing. Be aware of sink holes and snow bridges near creeks and bodies of water.
- Ice and snow on cliff faces can release without warning.
- As temperatures rise, snow bombs will fall from trees without warning.
- Please note that for safety reasons drones may not access the gondola