Stay up to date on the daily weather and activities available at the Sea to Sky Gondola. Daily conditions are updated at 8:45am each morning. PLEASE NOTE, WINTER IS HANGING ON UP HERE AND WE STILL HAVE SOME SNOW AT THE SUMMIT.
PLEASE NOTE: The Gondola will be closing at 3:30 pm on Monday, April 24th and will be closed through Thursday, April 27th for Maintenance.
The Gondola will re-open on Friday, April 28th. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Today's Hours of Operation -
Open: 10am-3:30pm (last ride down 4:30pm)
Daily Guided Walking tour 11am, meeting at the Summit map board
Daily Guided Snowshoe tour 1pm until 2:30pm ADULT $25 + tax (Tour only)
The Tube Park is now closed for the season. Thanks for visiting.
Snow Base: 73cm
New Snow: 0cm
Temperature: 2C at the Summit
A mix of sun and cloud.
Spirit Loop - Open. Easy Walking. Clear of snow, but expect some wet and slippery sections.
Panorama Loop - Open. Easy Walking, on areas cleared of snow, but expect some wet and slippery sections. Snow covered portion of trail is temporarily closed.
Photo: Panorama trail on April 19, 2017
Wonderland Lake Loop - Open. Snow covered. Snowshoes mandatory. Use caution on bridges/water crossings.
Al's Habrich Trail - Open. Please access via winter route. Follow signs to winter entrance. Very heavy, wet snow conditions. Snowshoes required. Winter navigation is very difficult and challenging past Marker #18. Travel beyond is not recommended without excellent back-country route finding ability. Snow bridges are collapsing, creeks are running and creek banks are sluffing. Post holing around rocks and trees is very deep.
Sea to Summit - Open. Snow/ice on the trail. Micro spike/crampons recommeded. Changing spring conditions. Trail over rock may be icy. Expect snow on upper quarter of trail. Challenging conditions.
*Shannon Basin Loop - Open. Machine groomed up to Shannon Creek. Please note: The south-east leg of Shannon Basin Loop, (from marker 37 to 114) can not be machine groomed.
Lookback & Alpine Alley Trails - Closed.
*Back Country Access Road - Sky Pilot Valley Trail - Open. Machine groomed. Crampons/snowshoes recommended.
*Multi Use Trails - Last groomed April 01st, 2017
The avalanche hazard rating, as rated by Avalanche Canada for the South Coast zone, in which the gondola and terrain associated with it, are located is Moderate. Please refer to the Avalanche Canada website for special statements for the area. https://www.avalanche.ca/map/forecasts/south-coast
- Wear approriate clothing and footwear for snowy, cold, slippery conditions on all trails. Be prepared!
Small children require close adult supervision, particularly off trail, and around tree wells, which can be hazardous in deep snow.
You MUST be prepared with proper gear before your hikes: proper treaded winter footwear, head lamp and extra clothing if venturing out on extended hikes. Let someone know where you are going. Carry a fully charged cell phone and plan for darkness and rapidly dropping temperatures.
- Know before you go! The gondola is subject to unscheduled closures due to weather. Check our website, or check in with Guest Services if the gondola is part of your hiking plan. You need to be prepared for a 2-way hike. Use extra diligence during weather events, including forecasted outflow winds.
- Expect high water in creeks and river beds. Possible bridge wash-outs, and difficult or impossible creek crossings. Supervise children and pets closely. Not all creeks and ponds are frozen sufficiently for crossing. Be aware of sink holes and snow bridges near creeks and bodies of water.
- Ice and snow on cliff faces can release without warning.
- As temperatures rise, snow bombs will fall from trees without warning.
- Please note that for safety reasons drones may not access the gondola