Access to the Inaccessible!
The Sea to Sky Gondola summit was once only accessible to those who committed to hours or days of hard work to reach the top or the backcountry. It is our intention to provide "access to the inaccessible" wherever possible with the Sea to Sky Gondola. All of our Basecamp facilities are wheelchair and stroller accessible. The gondola cabins are designed to accommodate both wheelchairs and strollers. Once at the top, the Summit Lodge walkways and ramps create easy wheelchair and stroller access throughout the facility. In addition to the Summit Lodge, the patio and viewing deck are wheelchair accessible (snow conditions permitting).
For visitors with babies and young children, the Summit Lodge is stroller friendly and the Panorama Trail, the Spirit Trail, and the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge are stroller friendly when there is no snow at the Summit. In the winter, check the conditions prior to planning your visit.
The following amenities are available to make the Sea to Sky Gondola as accessible as possible:
- Wheelchair accessible parking spaces directly adjacent to the Basecamp facilities
- Accessibility window for ticket purchases at Basecamp
- Wheelchair accessible gender neutral washrooms available at the base and in the Summit Lodge (ask retail at Summit for directions)
- Wheelchair accessible tables are available at the Basecamp Cafe and in the Summit Lodge
- Baby changing tables are available
Photo Credit: Paul Bride