Your safety is important to us! You are entering new terrain once you arrive at the summit of our gondola and there are a number of rules you can follow to ensure you stay safe during your visit.
The following safety tips apply to everyone who visits the Sea to Sky Gondola regardless of the adventure you are on.
- We advise that you always bring a friend along, or at the very least you tell someone where you are going and when they can expect you to be back.
- Weather can change quickly so always dress appropriately and bring extra layers! See Current Conditions page for more information.
- Stay on the marked trails and never climb over railings as there are dangerous cliffs in the area.
- Always bring some form of communication equipment (cell phone, Satellite Radio, etc) incase of an emergency.
- Never leave someone who is injured or needs medical attention behind. Send someone else to get help or call for help! We will have first aid staff on-site at all times.
- Stay hydrated in the summer months as it can get very warm!
- Be aware of any dangerous wildlife in the area. Cougars, bears and wolves are known to live in the region so please report any sightings to a Sea to Sky Gondola staff member.
- If you are venturing into our backcountry, know the associated risks and make sure your skill level is suited to them. Please visit our Backcountry Page for more information on backcountry safety.
For more information on trail safety, please visit the AdventureSmart website.