Operations - Mountain Crew
Start Date: November
Hours Per Week: 30 to 40
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Mountain Crew are often the first interaction our guests have with the Gondola, making this position vitally important to ensuring the experience is exceptional.
Welcoming guests in the parking lot, the tube park and/or at the gondola, answering questions about activities and programming, ensuring all guests have a valid ticket by scanning passes, and making sure guests get onto the Gondola in a safe manner make up part of the daily activities involved in this role.
As a Mountain Crew team member, you will also be part of snow clearing, trail maintenance and general upkeep of the premises, as required.
• Do you love working outside and are comfortable working in all types of weather?
• Do you enjoy striking up conversation with people from all around the world?
• Do you find yourself thinking safety in all that you do?
• Do you enjoy working with your hands and keeping busy?
• Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet each and every guest in a friendly manner, making eye contact whenever possible
• Strive to assist the guest before the guest asks and provide physical assistance when required
• Adhere to all operational and safety procedures; ensuring safe, efficient operation of the lift
• Scan guest tickets accurately
• Keep all areas tidy, uncluttered & litter-free
• Prepare and complete required daily documents
• Continually remain aware of the mechanical lift and the guests
• Assist other departments as needed
• General maintenance and construction of the trails
• Operate brush cutters, trimmers, chainsaws and other tools
• Operate side-by-side ATV, 4x4 trucks, and trail dumper
• Perform minor maintenance on power tools and vehicles while out in the field
• Inspect and maintain power tools and vehicles daily and report any issues to your supervisor
• Use of safe work practices and using required PPE is mandatory. Report any safety issues immediately to your supervisor.
• Abide by all departmental and company policies and regulations at all times, on or off the job
• Be an expert. Ensure you are aware of our programs, products, trails, and be able to respond to guests' questions or know how to get answers
• Be physically fit and enjoy physical labour
WINTER (in addition to summer duties):
• Snow clearing of all decks and trails, this includes shovelling and machine clearing
• Operate snow blowers safely
• Foster a fun and safe environment for guests of all ages at the tube park
Skills and Responsibilities:
• Desire to work in a front line, guest-facing position
• Excellent employee and public relations skills
• Energetic, dependable, and self-motivated
• Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
• Capable of performing physical/manual duties
• First Aid Training (OFA Level 3 definite asset)
• Must be physically able to perform job duties and ok with repetitive physical tasks
• Functional knowledge of mountain operations an asset
• BCDL an asset. 4-wheel drive truck driving experience an asset
• Experience/certification in the use of a chainsaw and/or brush cutting is an asset
• Must be a team player willing to assist all team members in any situation
• Enjoy working outdoors and maintain high service standards, even during inclement weather conditions
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation is available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments.