Shipper & Receiver
Start Date: Early May End Date: End of September
Hours Per Week: 25-40
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members and our guests have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive & fun organization.
Working under the direction of the Logistics Coordinator, the Shipper & Receiver works in all areas of the Sea to Sky Gondola Food Services. They receive products from vendors and ship them to the appropriate business areas. The Shipper Receiver ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting), and rotation of food products in compliance with health department regulations. The Shipper Receiver is the lead for maintaining our high standards of sustainability by ensuring compliance with recycling and composting procedures.
• Do you enjoy working in a highly-organized work environment?
• Do you enjoy following through on tasks from receiving to logging to storing?
• Do you enjoy keeping meticulous logs and paperwork?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive orders from vendor, monitor temperatures, and ship to designated area
• Maintain temperature logs for all food products, including Base camp Café, Summit Lodge, refrigerated C-cans & freezer can and trucks
• Ensure that products are properly received, stocked, and rotated
• Communicate regularly with all F&B areas to ensure stock and product levels are maintained
• Ensure garbage, recycling, and compost bins are available for daily service
• Maintain a safe work environment and proper food and supply storage
Required Skills and Experience:
• FoodSafe Certification is mandatory
• Must be in good physical condition as heavy lifting will be expected
• Well organized, good time management skills, and initiative to solve problems
• Experience in shipping & receiving and stock control & managing inventory an asset
• Demonstrated ability to use and handle various kitchen machinery
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.