Retail Sales Associate
Hours Per Week: 25-40
Wage: $15.00/hour 1st season
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As part of our front line staff, the Retail Sales Associates are dedicated to providing outstanding service to our guests, demonstrating expertise in product knowledge, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. As part of a dynamic and fun sales team, you’ll work together in achieving daily sales goals and creating a positive experience for the guests.
Do You Enjoy…
• Initiating conversations with visitors from around the world?
• Learning about products and sharing that knowledge with others?
• Assessing and helping guests to find the perfect gift/memento?
• Merchandising and tidying gift shop items?
• Working in a fast paced, customer focused environment?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide great customer experiences through friendly conversation, open ended questions, genuine compliments, and memorable farewells
• Describe and showcase features, benefits, and operation of merchandise
• Answering questions about all Sea to Sky Gondola products, including trails & events
• Receive new items, conduct inventory counts, & replenish floor stock
• Help with housekeeping duties to maintain store cleanliness and tidiness
• Accurate use of POS system, including processing sales, returns, closing of tills, & deposits
• Ensure all displays are fully stocked and well presented at all times
Required Skills and Experience:
• Physically fit; able to lift and carry 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time
• Experience working with POS systems and cash & credit transactions
• Knowledgeable about the Sea to Sky corridor
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.