Start Date: Early December End Date: End of March/April
Hours Per Week: 25-40
Wage: $13.25/hour training, $14.00/hour to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As part of our front line staff, the Rental Associates are dedicated to providing outstanding service to our guests by matching them with the best suited rental equipment for the day, providing information about snowshoe trails and showing the guests how to safely use the equipment while maintaining a clear access to the rental hut. As part of the dynamic retail team, you’ll work together whether inside or outside the summit lodge in achieving daily sales goals and creating a positive experience for the guests.
Do You Enjoy…
• Initiating conversations with visitors from around the world?
• Learning about trails and snow conditions to share that knowledge with our guests?
• Helping guests/groups with putting on snowshoes?
• Shovelling snow to create a safe access to the rental hut?
• Working outside in a winter wonderland?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide great customer experiences through friendly conversation, open ended questions, genuine compliments, and memorable farewells
• Hands on demonstration of the operation of rental equipment
• Answering questions about all Sea to Sky Gondola products, including trails & events
• Help with housekeeping duties to maintain the rental hut cleanliness and tidiness
• Accurate use of POS system, including processing sales, returns, closing of tills, & deposits
• Maintain rental fleet integrity, conducting spot counts and fleet inspection
Required Skills and Experience:
• Physically fit; able to lift and carry 30 lbs and work in a winter environment
• Experience working with POS systems and cash & credit transactions
• Knowledgeable about the Sea to Sky corridor
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.