Night Prep Cook
Part time, Weekend Work Required
5:00pm - 10:00pm
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we are good to each other. We work hard to make sure both our team members and our guest have a great experience here. Joining our
The Night Prep Cook works independently to prepare our Grab and Go sandwiches and salads. The ideal candidate loves to work alone, is passionate about food, and who's lifestyle is complimented by a job that begins at 5 pm. This job will end between 10 and midnight dependant on volume.
Do you enjoy....
- Preparing food - making great looking sandwiches and salads?
- Following recipes and ensuring a consistent product and presentation?
- Working independently to get a job done with high expectations?
- Ensuring food presentation looks awesome?
- Working evenings?
If so keep reading to find out more about the role…..
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare the necessary food items as directed by the Sous Chef in accordance with standards and in a timely and efficient fashion.
• Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency
• Keep work station clean and organized including fridge’s/freezers, countertops and stove tops
• Ensure that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
• Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum to reduce food cost expense
• Operate all kitchen equipment with safety in mind always
• Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with Food Safety guidelines
• interacts with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner when in contact with them.
• Is a proud ambassador of the Sea to Sky Gondola
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in culinary role
• Food Safe Certificate
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Have a high attention to detail and can multitask under pressure to meet deadlines
• Red Seal or other culinary certification/education an asset
• Mature, friendly and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed and have the qualifications we are looking for please send a resume and cover letter to joineourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com