Hours Per Week: 25-40
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members and our guests have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive & fun organization.
The Logistics Coordinator works in all areas of the Sea to Sky Gondola with a strong emphasis on Food and Beverage. They receive products from vendors and ship them to the appropriate business areas. The Logistics Coordinator ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting), and rotation of food products in compliance with health department regulations. This role is the lead for maintaining our high standards of sustainability by ensuring compliance with recycling and composting procedures.
• Do you enjoy working in a highly-organized work environment?
• Do you take pride in your ability to self manage and proactive approach to every job?
• Do you enjoy following through on tasks from receiving to logging to storing?
• Do you enjoy keeping meticulous logs and paperwork?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and train logistics team to ensure efficient operation of shipping/receiving loading and storage areas
• Coordination of shipping, receiving, storage of products between summit and base
• Receive orders from vendors, monitor temperatures, and ship to designated areas
• Organizing and maintaining waste management areas to high level of cleanliness and organization
• Ensure that products are properly received, stocked, and rotated
• Ensuring knowledge of delivery schedules, garbage and recycling pick up days and ensuring logistics in place to fulfill requirements
• Communicate regularly with all F&B areas to ensure stock and product levels are maintained
• Maintain temperature logs for all food products, including Base camp Café, Summit Lodge, refrigerated C-cans, freezer can and trucks
• Communicate regularly with other departments as needed based on shipping/receiving of orders
• Ensure garbage, recycling, and compost bins are available for daily service
• Maintain a safe work environment and proper food and supply storage
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience in shipping/receiving, stock control, and managing inventory
• Previous experience in a Supervisory role
• Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and train new employees
• FoodSafe Certification is mandatory
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, proactive approach to problem solving and self – management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to use and handle various kitchen machinery
• Must be in good physical condition and able to lift up to 50lbs.
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.