Start Date: ASAP
Hours per week: 25-40 hours
Wage: $17.50 - $21.00 per hour, based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Summit Guides are ambassadors of the summit. Leading interpretive tours and snowshoe guiding (winter only) is a key part of the role. They also serve as our first aid attendants and respond to emergencies, including incidents requiring first aid, lost persons, and more. They act as a jack of all trades as they will assist in guest services, lift operations, trail maintenance, grounds work, and general maintenance of the facilities.
- Do you enjoy keeping busy & helping people?
- Do you enjoy leading & educating groups of adults and children?
- Are you detail orientated and certified in first aid?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide interpretive tours, education programs, snowshoe tours, and other seasonal tours, both for adults and children
- Learn the curriculums and how-to of delivering of tours
- Provide public supervision, ensuring a safe and pleasant guest experience
- Respond to all requests from dispatch including reports of lost persons
- Provide first aid for guests and employees
- Identify and mitigate hazards
- Maintain and take inventory of supplies and complete first aid reports
- Provide outstanding service to our guests and staff. At every opportunity, greet each guest in a friendly manner, and provide assistance whenever possible. Strive to assist the guest before the guest even needs to ask
- Become an expert on our products and program offerings and provide guests with a memorable experience
- Maintain proper signage of hiking trails and terrain to ensure guest safety. Maintain summer alpine displays, facilities, signs, or other infrastructure
- Compile and distribute daily weather reports
- Ensure compliance with Sea to Sky Gondola Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
Required Skills and Experience:
- Physically able to meet the requirements of the job (lifting 50 lbs, able to hike the trails within our tenure, ability to assist guests into the lift who are medically compromised etc.)
- OFA 3 certification
- Previous experience guiding tours, an asset
- Personable with a go above and beyond type attitude
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and spoken
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve efficiently and effectively
- Experience working in a front line, guest facing position
- Excellent employee and public relations skills
- Energetic, dependable, and self-motivated
- Able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
- Criminal Record Check required
- Proof of Vaccination against Covid-19 recommended