Retail Sales Associate (year round)
Retail Sales Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 30-40 (Guest visit and weather dependent)
Wage: $16.25 - $17.00, based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As part of our front-line staff, the Retail Sales Associates are dedicated to providing outstanding service to our guests, demonstrating expertise in product knowledge, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. As part of a dynamic and fun sales team, you’ll work together in achieving daily sales goals and creating a positive experience for the guests.
All team members at Sea to Sky Gondola are expected to abide by and follow company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
Do You Enjoy…
- Initiating conversations with visitors from around the world?
- Learning about products and sharing that knowledge with others?
- Assessing and helping guests to find the perfect gift/memento?
- Merchandising and tidying gift shop items?
- Working in a fast paced, customer focused environment?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer experiences through friendly conversation, open ended questions, genuine compliments, and memorable farewells
- Describe and showcase features, benefits, and operation of merchandise
- Answer questions about all Sea to Sky Gondola products, including trails & events
- Receive new items, conduct inventory counts, & replenish floor stock
- Help with housekeeping duties to maintain store cleanliness and tidiness
- Accurate use of POS system, including processing sales, returns, closing of tills, & deposits
- Ensure all displays are fully stocked and well presented at all times
- Winter: assist Guests with Snowshoe rentals. Process payment, assist guests with information regarding trails, winter safety and when necessary, assist guests with application of snowshoes, crampons and overboots
Required Skills and Experience:
- Physically fit; able to lift and carry 30 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Experience working with POS systems and cash & credit transactions
- Knowledgeable about the Sea to Sky corridor
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.