Production Sous Chef
Production Sous Chef
Hours Per Week: 25 to 40
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
The Production Sous Chef will train, supervise and work with all cooks, specifically those working in the production eatery and café; in order to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes. Train and oversee Shipping/Receiving, placing orders and maintaining inventory. Process requisitions for supplies, ensure proper receiving and storage (including temperature setting), ordering and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations. Adhere to control procedures for cost and quality and help in creating an efficient shipping/receiving team.
- Do you take pride in your organizational, time management and problem solving skills?
- Do you enjoy coaching, mentoring and training staff?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, supervise, coach and conduct performance management as required for team members for the efficient operation of the Summit Lodge Food Services
- Inspect method of food preparation and cooking in all areas
- Inspect portion control in all areas
- Placing orders in a timely manner to ensure inventory for daily service and catering events
- Maintain relationship with vendor representatives
- Updating ordering guide with item codes and prices
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is maintained and in a sanitary condition and that adequate supplies of operating equipment are always available.
- Inspect and organize all food & beverage storing areas to ensure they comply with food safe standards
- Support all team members’ learning regarding food items
- Ensure Cooks are trained in the safe work procedures associated with all of their tasks
- Ensure compliance with Foodsafe through temperature checks and stock rotation
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
- Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to our recycling & composting procedures
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures
- Conduct daily and regular meetings with the team
- Attend meetings as required
- Ensure compliance with Sea to Sky Gondola Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
- Interacts with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner when in contact with them
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a high volume F&B environment
- Must be able to build and maintain credibility and relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
- Proven track record as a hands on leader with great communication skills
- Knowledge of Quick food Service operations
- Knowledge of alcoholic beverages
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to remain calm under stressful situations
- Knowledge of food service techniques and cost controls
- Passion for people and the outdoors
- Serving it Right Certificate
- FoodSafe Level 1
- Completion of Culinary Degree or Arts Program is preferred
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.