Production (Prep) Cook
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 25-40
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our productions cooks prepare product for daily service along with internal functions. In this roll, our team members have the opportunity to learn new cooking styles and recipes. It requires a team player to enjoy this role, as you are the heart of the kitchen and will be setting up each food outlet for daily success.
- Do you enjoy preparing food in a fast pace work environment?
- Do you like learning new things and working with a team of people?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the necessary food items, including baked good, as directed by the Sous Chef and according to the Sea to Sky Gondola standards and recipes
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency
- Keep work station clean and organized, including fridges/freezers, countertops, and stove tops
- Ensure that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keep overproduction and food waste to a minimum to reduce food cost expense
- Always operate all kitchen equipment with safety in mind
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared, and served safely in accordance with Food Safety guidelines
- Interacts with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner when in contact with them
- Perform other duties as requested by the Sous Chef and other team members as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar production role
- Food Safe Certificate
- Exceptional organizational skills
- High attention to detail and can multitask under pressure to meet deadlines
- Culinary certification/education an asset
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed townhouses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.