Overnight Gondola Operations
Job Status: Full time, year round position
Overnight Gondola Operations
Hours Per Week: 36-40 hours per week, rotating schedule (6:30pm – 7:00am)
Wage: $25.00 /hour
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
The protection and safety of our gondola operation is of utmost importance to us. Our Overnight Gondola Operations personnel are responsible for the ensuring the facilities are secure overnight; ready to welcome our Guests each morning. Shifts may be scheduled for the base or the summit, and specific job duties will reflect the area of responsibility. Successful candidates will be enrolled in, and required to complete Basic Security Training (BST) at the Justice Institute of BC.
All team members are expected to abide by and follow all company policies, provincial health orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
• Do you consider yourself a self-starter?
• Do you love working outside and are comfortable working in all types of weather?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role...
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete regular surveillance walkabouts of the property, logs and incident reports
• Remain vigilant of the surroundings, reporting any activity overnight
• Embody our core value ‘safety starts with us’ and abide by all WorksafeBC safety policies
• Safe operation of the gondola as needed (training provided)
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Ability to complete physical tasks for the duration of up to a 14-hour shift
• Working outside in variable weather conditions
• Ability to work through the night, maintaining vigilance in role requirements
• Ability to manage time effectively; be punctual and reliable
• Attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive tasks
• Safety oriented with the ability and commitment to follow all WorksafeBC procedures
• Read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language
• RCMP Criminal Record Check required prior to commencing position
• Valid BC Driver’s License required
• Reliable transportation required as location is not on public transportation route
-Provide a physical presence to deter instances of damage, vandalism, and potential risk to
customers and property as well as communicate findings to Operations maintaining detailed and accurate daily
• Weekend and holiday availability required
• Previous experience in the Private Security sector or a related field an asset
• First Aid Training an asset
• Basic Security Training Certificate an asset
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.