Mountain Crew Member
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Full-time, year-round
Hours Per Week: 30 to 40
Starting wage: $18.50/hour
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our Team Members, and our Guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Mountain Crew is responsible for general maintenance and clean-up of trails, landscaping, supporting operations and maintenance with general labour, and snow clearing in the winter.
An equally important aspect of this position is acting as an operations generalist. Mountain Crew Members will assist in the areas of guest services, lift operations, tube park, ticket scanning, guiding, litter pick-up, and general maintenance of the facilities as situations and needs arise.
• Do you enjoy working with your hands and keeping busy?
• Do you love working outdoors?
• Are proficient in the use of power tools?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General maintenance of trails
• Landscaping including weeding, mowing grass, weed whacking, and watering
• Support maintenance and operations teams as needed with general labour
• Safe operation of brush cutters, trimmers, chainsaws, and other tools
• Safe operation of side-by-side, 4x4 trucks, and trail dumper
• Perform minor maintenance on power tools and vehicles while out in the field
• Inspect and maintain power tools and vehicles daily. Report any items that may be unsafe or needing attention immediately to Supervisor.
• The use of safe work practices and using required PPE is mandatory. Report any safety issues immediately to Supervisor.
• Snow clearing in the winter, including the use of snowblowers, snow broom, and manual shoveling
• Interact with our guests in a cheerful and professional manner
• Be an expert. Ensure you are aware of our programs, products, and trails, and be able to respond to guests’ questions or know how to get answers
• Assist other departments as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Previous outdoor work experience is required
• Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lb
• Able to complete repetitive physical tasks
• Functional knowledge of mountain operations an asset
• Driver’s License Class 5
• 4x4 truck driving experience an asset
• First aid certificate is an asset
• Experience/certification in the use of a chainsaw and/or brush cutting is preferred
• Must be a team player willing to assist all team members in any situation
• Must be able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
• Enjoy working outdoors and maintaining high service standards even during inclement weather conditions
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.