Mountain Crew Supervisor
Mountain Crew Supervisor
Hours Per Week: 40
Wage: $21-22 per hour, based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Mountain Crew Supervisor is responsible for leading a team and completing trail maintenance, landscaping, supporting operations and maintenance with general labour, and snow clearing in the winter.
An equally important aspect of this position is acting as an operations generalist. The Mountain Crew Supervisor will assist in the areas of guest services, lift operations, tube park, ticket scanning, guiding, litter pick-up, and general maintenance of the facilities as situations and needs arise.
When dispatched: responding to emergencies, including first aid is a component of this position.
• Do you enjoy working with your hands and keeping busy?
• Do you have leadership skills and enjoy leading a team?
• Do you love working outdoors and are proficient in the use of power tools?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading the Mountain Crew in their day-to-day work
• Planning and organizing work tasks on a weekly basis
• Performing trail maintenance
• Landscaping, including weeding, mowing grass, weed whacking, watering, etc.
• Support maintenance and operations teams as needed with general labour
• Train, coach, mentor, motivate, and correct staff as needed
• Maintain work logs and document
• Operate brush cutters, trimmers, chainsaws, and other tools
• Operate side-by-side, 4x4 trucks, & trail dumper
• Perform minor maintenance on power tools and vehicles while out in the field
• Snow clearing in the winter, including the use of snowblowers, snow broom, and manual shoveling
• Inspect and maintain power tools and vehicles daily. Report any items that may be unsafe or needing attention immediately to a Manager
• Responsible for ensuring the frontline Mountain Crew Members are equipped with the resources required to accurately and efficiently complete their tasks
• The use of safe work practices and using required PPE is mandatory. Report any safety issues immediately to a Manager
• Interact with our guests in a cheerful and professional manner
• Be an expert. Ensure you are aware of our programs, products,
and trails, and be able to respond to guests questions or know how to get answers
Required Skills and Experience:
• Previous trail maintenance experience is a requirement
• Previous general maintenance or landscaping is an asset
• Proven experience of leading a team
• Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs
• Able to complete repetitive physical tasks
• Functional knowledge of mountain operations an asset
• 4x4 truck driving experience an asset
• Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Experience/certification in the use of a chainsaw and/or brush cutting is preferred
• Must be a team player willing to assist all team members in any situation
• Must be able to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure
• Enjoy working outdoors and maintaining high service standards even during inclement weather conditions
• Driver’s License Class 5
• OFA 1 or OFA 3 an asset
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed condos and buildings. Please inquire about availability.