Hours Per Week: 8 – 30 Hours
Wage: $15.20 /hour
Available Positions: 3 part time
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Working at 885 meters above sea level with a view of the Howe Sound, our Host/Hostess sets the tone for the guests experience by greeting guests warmly, showing guests to their tables and manage the seating area to ensure smooth service. This position requires an outgoing individual who can communicate clearly with people from all walks of life.
- Do you enjoy striking up conversation with people from all around the world?
- Are you passionate good food?
- Are you good at multitasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests with a friendly and polite demeanour.
- Seat guests with menus in appropriate sections to ensure quick service.
- Manage the seating chart to ensure a smooth flow of service.
- Bus and reset tables in a timely manner to ensure a quick turnover of tables.
- Maintain a clean, organised and well stocked Host stand.
- Room set up and clean up as identified by Operations Supervisor
- Ensure compliance with Sea to Sky Gondola Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Have excellent knowledge of the menu items to help answer guest enquiries.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous F&B table service experience is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail & problem solving skills
- Able to remain calm under stressful situations
- Passion for people and the outdoors
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.