Front of House Team Member
Start Date: May End Date: mid to late September
Hours Per Week: 25 - 40, 8-30
Wage: $15.20/hour training, $15.60/hour thereafter
Available Positions: 1 Full 3 full time, 3 part time
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Front of House Team Members showcase our locally inspired food and beverages to guests from around the world. From hand crafting speciality coffees and merchandising freshly baked pastries to personally connecting with customers from all walks of life we create lasting memories, all while overlooking the idyllic Howe Sound. This role has great diversity which allows you to experience the best of this position, including working outside and gaining additional skills by working in many different outlets.
- Do you enjoy striking up conversations with customers while you work?
- Do you have a friendly disposition that you can bring to work on a daily basis?
- Are you good a multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our guests
- Serve café style meals and ring in orders through our point of sale system
- Maintain a clean and inviting eating area by bussing dishes and wiping down counters & tables
- Restock and rotate condiments, display racks, and coolers, ensuring the food & beverages look appealing and are well presented
- Promote sustainability by following recycling & composting procedures
- Clean and clear tables when needed
- Regularly interact with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner
- Set up all areas of the lodge for daily operations, including the outdoor/patio areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guests
- POS (point of sale) experience an asset
- Serving it Right certificate
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
- Knowledge of food and hot & cold beverages is an asset
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
Staff accommodation may be available in newly constructed townhouses and apartments. Please enquire about availability.