Front of House Lead Hand
Hours Per Week: 30-40 (Guest Visit and weather dependant)
Wage: $17.00/hour plus gratuities
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our Team Members, and our Guests, have a great experience. Join our Team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As the Front of House Lead Hand, you are a role model to the Lodge Front of House Team Members. Not only are you handcrafting speciality coffees, merchandising freshly baked pastries and creating long lasting memories for our Guests, you will also be overlooking the daily operations of the Summit Lodge. This includes ensuring food health and safety guidelines are followed, assisting in training Team Members, ensuring stock and merchandising is well managed in each outlet and leading by example when interacting with Guests. This role requires strong leadership skills, enthusiasm for creating exceptional Guest experiences and a passion for good food and beverages.
- Do you enjoy striking up conversations with Guests while you work?
- Do you love to create a locally sourced menu for our Guests’ food experience?
- Are you good at multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our Guests
- Serve café style meals and ring in orders through our point of sale system
- Maintain a clean and inviting eating area by bussing dishes and wiping down counters and tables
- Train and supervise Lodge Baristas and Cashiers to ensure they have the skills required to provide an excellent customer experience
- Restock and rotate condiments, and coolers, ensuring the food and beverages look appealing and are well presented
- Promote sustainability by following recycling and composting procedures
- Regularly interact with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner
- Perform daily cash handling procedures
- Assist Front of House Team Members in POS troubleshooting.
- Manage the daily communications board and cover meal breaks to ensure a consistent customer service flow
- Create and promote fun Gondi Team events and challenges to boost moral
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with Guests
- Previous leadership experience in a food service position is an asset
- Ability to work independently and multitask various orders from Guests
- POS (point of sale) experience an asset
- FoodSafe level 1
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve under pressure
- The ability to remain calm yet fast paced under stressful and high-volume situations
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
- Criminal Record Check required
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.