Casual, on call
Hours Per Week: A minimum commitment of 2 days/month required during peak season
Wages: $19.00 - $21.00/hour, based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our Team Members, and our Guests, have a great experience. Join our Team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and dynamic organization.
Our Education Guides deliver transformative educational experiences that engage, thrill, and inspire young minds with hands on learning and interactive demonstrations. Our curriculums are designed to meet the British Columbia Ministry of Education’s learning outcomes for each grade and to enhance learning and participation by bringing education to life. This is an “as needed” role when school, youth, or camp groups are visiting. School programs could occur Monday to Sunday, 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- Do you enjoy leading and educating school aged children and teenagers?
- Do you enjoy educating yourself and sharing your knowledge with others?
- Do you enjoy guiding children and youth safely through physical outdoor activities?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead groups of students in outdoor educational hikes
- Attend all guide training sessions
- Arrive 30 mins prior to scheduled school group to help organize groups, prepare equipment and resources
- Remain on site for 30 mins after school group departure for debriefing and storing resources
- Be aware of time and flow of the day to ensure adherence to the schedule
- Work with the Education Program Coordinator to ensure all groups are running smoothly and students have positive & memorable experiences
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with guiding children and youth
- Strong education and/or instructional background and experience
- Criminal Record Check (working with vulnerable people) required
- First Aid and/or CPR certification is an asset
- Ability to be outdoors in variable weather conditions for long periods of time
- Ability to meet educational objectives whilst remaining responsive to the needs of the group
- Proof of Vaccination against Covid-19 recommended