Cleaner Lead Hand
Hours per week: 30 – 40 (Guest visit and weather dependent)
Wage: $18.00 - $19.50 based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our Team Members, and our Guests, have a great experience. Join our Team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As the Day Cleaner Lead Hand, you are a role model to the Cleaning team. Our Cleaning team are integral to the daily operations of the Sea to Sky Gondola and the cleanliness and sanitization of the facility is of utmost importance to us. This includes ensuring food health and safety guidelines are followed, assisting in training Team Members, ensuring stock is well managed both at the Summit and the Base and leading by example when completing all responsibilities. This role requires strong leadership skills, enthusiasm for creating exceptional guest experiences and a passion for cleaning.
All team members at Sea to Sky Gondola are expected to abide by and follow company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
- Do you enjoy cleaning?
- Are you comfortable making conversation with guests while you work?
- Are you a self-starter who is detail oriented?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the cleaning of all areas of the operation, including washrooms, floors, tables, and offices.
- Complete regular walkabouts to check standards of cleanliness of different areas
- Jump in to help other team members with bussing when required
- Answer Guest questions and make conversations with Guests while working.
- Ensure outdoor areas are swept often and are kept clean throughout business hours.
- Ensure all exterior and interior garbage and recycling bins are kept clean and empty to minimise attractants for wildlife
- Train and supervise the Cleaning Team to ensure they have the skills required to upkeep a clean environment
- Promote sustainability by following recycling and composting procedures
- Complete ordering and inventory count of all day cleaning needs
- Communicate regularly with food and beverage supervisors and management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Physically fit with the ability to do physical work for 8 to 10 hours in a row
- Strong time management skills
- Safety oriented with the ability and commitment to following all Worksafe procedures
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Criminal Record Check required
- Proof of Vaccination against Covid-19 recommended
Staff Accommodation may be available, in newly constructed houses and apartments.