Catering & Events Manager
Catering & Events Manager
Wage: Negotiable based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Summit Lodge provides a spectacular venue for meetings, corporate events, weddings, and social events.
We’re seeking a proactive and self-motivated Catering & Events Manager. This position acts as the liaison between the client, all involved parties within the company, and the catering team before, during, and after the event. While ensuring successful planning, organization and co-ordination of weddings, corporate and social events, the Catering & Events Manager is also present on the floor and is responsible for hiring, scheduling and coaching staff. This position will lead weddings, corporate events, groups, and other internal social events, working closely with the sales team, catering team, kitchen, and event planners to ensure flawless execution, making every event, large or small, memorable for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with planners/clients/conveners before, during & after all functions to ensure expectations are exceeded
• Hire, schedule and coordinate the training & development of all serving staff, bartenders, and support staff to ensure service standards are maintained
• Organize & coordinate function room set-ups and food and beverage services per BEOs
• Create, maintain, and ensure that all function information is kept up to date with respect to all changes utilizing our event software.
• Ensure high level of departmental morale through coaching & communication and leading by example in forming strong relationships
• Take a constructive approach to achieving departmental goals with regards to the guest satisfaction scores & financial targets
• Coordinate with the culinary team on the execution of meal service for all events
• Order, organize, communicate, and arrange shipping requirements for events (food products, decor etc.)
• Provide direct service to guests, including serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, and end of event cash outs
• Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to our recycling & composting procedures
• Develop, support, and execute internal events with intent to develop yearly repeating events (i.e., Friday night music, Halloween, Christmas)
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to remain calm under stressful situations
• A proven leader and committed to staff development
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Passion for people and the outdoors
• Weekend and evening availability required
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
• Post-secondary education in Event or Restaurant Management an asset
• POS (point of sale) experience an asset
• Tripleseat software knowledge an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (included But Not Limited To)
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
If you can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for,
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms. Please enquire within.