Catering and Events Lead Hand
Hours Per Week: 25-40 (Guest Visit and Weather Dependent)
Wage: $17.00/hour plus gratuities
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our Team Members, and our Guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Summit Lodge provides a spectacular venue for weddings, corporate events, and parties. Our Catering Team Members work as a cohesive unit to make every event, large and small, memorable for our Guests. From setting up the venue to pouring wine and everything in between, this role is dynamic, fast paced and a great opportunity to gain events experience.
- Do you enjoy creating a welcoming environment and ensuring the service runs smoothly?
- Are you passionate about customer service and food?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, high volume environment?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Catering & Events Supervisor and Assistant Manager during events and weddings
- Oversee and help the Catering Team with event set up and tear down
- Reports to the Catering and Events Supervisor
- Provide direct service to Guests as needed - including greeting Guests, serving and bussing tables, as well as bartending
- Interact with Guests to personalize the experience while providing information about the menu items
- Ensure that catering supplies remain tidy and organized and perform inventory as required
- Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to recycling and composting procedures
- Consistently deliver friendly and professional service to our Guests
- Administrative duties as needed
- Maintain strong working relationships with Internal Stakeholders and communicate relevant information as necessary
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist in other areas as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact and problem solve with both guests and team members
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
- Previous serving and bartending experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Always a team player
- Serving it Right certificate required
- Food Safe Certificate is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 20lb repeatedly
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length
- Passion for people and the outdoors
- Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
- Criminal record check required
- Proof of Vaccination against Covid-19 recommended
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.