Start Date: May End Date: mid to late September
Hours Per Week: 8-40
Wage: $15.20/hour plus gratuities
Available Positions: 1 full time, 1 part time
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Lodge Bartenders create memorable guest experiences by handmaking speciality cocktails, pouring local draft beer and serving a full range of wine. This role offers the opportunity to work both indoors and outdoors, either overlooking the beautiful Howe sound or connecting with guests in the backyard. From our famous Mountain Music Series to our popular Seafood Boils, this job demands high energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Do You Enjoy…
- Tending bar, mixing drinks, pulling draft, prepping garnishes, and re-stocking?
- Maintaining a meticulous and organized environment?
- Striking up conversations with guests from around the world?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve drinks at the Edge Bar in the Summit Lodge with high proficiency
- Interact with customers promoting Sea to Sky Gondola facilities and services
- Promote sustainability through adherence to our recycling & composting procedures
- Bar set up & tear down, clean up, inventory counts and reconciliation, & restocking products
- When catering events are taking place, bartenders may be required to support the catering and other F&B services at the Summit Lodge
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous bartending experience is a must (high volume)
- Accurate and efficient handling of cash & credit card transactions and POS experience
- Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently while remaining calm under stressful situations
- Serving it Right an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
Staff Accommodation is available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed townhouses and apartments. Please enquire about availability.