Assistant Manager, Guest Services
Full time, year round position
Start Date: May
Wage: $25 - $28/hour commensurate with experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive, fun, organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Sales and Guest Services, our ideal candidate will be a highly organized, passionate individual with amazing people and communication skills. Someone with an enthusiasm for guest service, who will provide leadership and support to our Guest Services team and ensure all members are set up for success. This role requires some administration and the ability to balance the needs of the team while addressing the requirements of the business.
Through leading by example, you will enjoy working alongside your team, with a hands-on approach. Encompassing and leading by our core values, this position offers an amazing opportunity to expand your skill set and gain valuable knowledge in the Sea to Sky Gondola’s guest experience.
All team members at Sea to Sky Gondola are expected to abide by and follow company policy, Provincial Health Orders and WorksafeBC requirements regarding Covid-19.
- Do you have a passion for the dynamic nature of a guest service environment?
- Do you enjoy coaching employees and providing support to new employees?
- Do you possess strong problem solving skills and work well in a busy fast paced environment?
If so keep reading….
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all day-to-day operations for the Guest Services department at the Sea to Sky Gondola ensuring quality and consistent guest service execution
- Work with Guest Service Supervisors to oversee the day-to-day leadership of the Volunteer and Quality Assurance programs
- Work with Guest Service Supervisors to manage labour and day-to-day schedule
- Support the Senior Manager, Guest Services and Sales with labour budget, ensuring daily monitoring of schedules and that staffing levels meet budgetary and business needs
- Promote excellence in guest service by providing coaching and regular feedback to team members and leading by example
- Work with the sales team to support group sales visits including wedding arrivals, tour busses, school and corporate groups.
- Leading the annual pass campaign and renewals on-site
- Lead communication related to up-to-date, legal exclusion of liability requirements
- Working with the Senior Manager, Sale and Guest Services, provide seasonal and year round recruiting needs to Human Resources in a timely manner; ensuring staffing levels reflect business needs and budgetary guidelines
- Assist the Senior Manager, Sales and Guest Services in the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of Guest Service Agents, Volunteers and Quality Assurance personnel, ensuring they are set up to perform their duties successfully
- Mentor, coach and train all levels within the Guest Services department, including Supervisors, Leads, and new/front line team members
- Assist department Supervisors in motivating and disciplining team members. Always leading by example and providing regular feedback to Supervisors, ensuring that structure is in place for all team members receive regular feedback and coaching during their employment
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, management, and team members
- Interact closely with both the Sales and Marketing and Catering team to ensure successful execution of all weddings, events and group sales
- Work collaboratively with the entire Guest Services and Sales and Marketing team
- Ensure all health and safety regulation are being followed by all team members
- Work closely with all teams to ensure excellent guest service throughout all departments at the Sea to Sky Gondola
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent training and guest service skills and a minimum of 5 – 7 years experience managing and mentoring a team(s)
- Energy and passion for providing superior guest service at all times
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Proven leadership and team building skills. Strong human relation skills and ability to work and support a team environment
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce, and interpersonal situations that may arise
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
- Previous experience using Centaman an asset
- Mastery in delegating tasks and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Squamish and area surrounding Sea to Sky Gondola
- Evening, weekend and holiday availability required
- Diploma or degree in business management or tourism related field would be an asset
Staff housing may be available in newly constructed townhomes and condos. Enquire about availability.