Join Our Team
We are Squamish's Gondola, and we are excited to build our team for Summer 2021 and beyond!
If you love Squamish and would like to be a part of a team that's foundation is built upon its strength, determination and resilience, come and join us!
Enjoy the beauty and natural wonder of everything that makes that Gondola what it is. If you love people and are passionate about customer service and providing an exceptional guest experience each and every time, you'll love being here!
We have full time, part time, year round, seasonal and volunteer roles available. Just about something for everyone!
Applications for employment are now open, and we look forward to meeting you!
PERKS OF WORKING WITH US:
- Gondola pass (also eligible for family pass for immediate family)
- Daily discounts for friends and family tickets, 25% discount for family F&B if you share a meal with them
- Discounts on Food and Beverage (per diem for F&B staff on days you work), 50% off for other departments
- Discounts in Retail (25%)
- Competitive wages – above minimum wage
- Working with amazing people from all over the world
- Fun staff events (climbing, paddle boarding, games night, biking etc.)
- Epic views of Howe Sound and access to amazing hiking trails and outdoor recreation
- Employer paid extended health and medical benefits (including spouse & dependents) after 3 months for year round positions, and after one year for seasonal employees
- Pro deals for gear and services/businesses around town
- Subsidized housing in newly built condos and townhouses (below market rates and NO bunk beds!)
YEAR ROUND OPPORTUNITIES:
Our team is excited to welcome some new faces and provide great service. Year round positions are eligible for extended health benefits.
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef, the Catering Chef is a key role in the operation. They train, supervise and work with all cooks (Demi Chef, Sous Chef, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers), specifically those working in the Catering and Production event prep in order to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes.
Reporting to the Catering Chef and Executive Chef, the Sous Chef - Catering is a key role in the operation. They train, supervise and work with all cooks (Demi Chef, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers), specifically those working in the Production and Catering event prep in order to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Production Sous Chef will train, supervise and work with all cooks, specifically those working in the production eatery and café; in order to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes.
Our line cooks are responsible for creating great food for our Guests...Our Line Cooks work in all food outlets of the Summit Lodge Food Service to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes. Our open line allows our cooks to engage with our guests and suggestively sell food and beverage products. All Kitchen Team Members help ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
Our Sales and Marketing Team works to drive awareness and ultimately visits to the Sea to Sky Gondola. Every day as the leader of the Sales Team, you will welcome visitors from all over the world, as well as local guests, who make the Gondola a weekly or even daily activity. This is your opportunity to grow your career with the Gondola while working in your community in a spectacular outdoor recreatoin enviroment.
AVAILABLE SEASONAL ROLES:
Click the job title for the full job description
One of the first Guest contacts, this role is perfect for outgoing and friendly people who love to make a difference in someones day...
Our Catering Team Members work as a cohesive unit to make every event, large and small, memorable for our guests.
Are you looking to be involved in your community and have a passion for customer service and the outdoors? Join our team as a volunteer!