Part Time - Weekend Work Required
Reports To: Guest Services Manager & Guest Services Lead Hand
Take your career to new heights with the Sea to Sky Gondola. Every day as a member of the team you will welcome visitors from all over the world, along with locals, who make the gondola a weekly or even daily activity. This is your opportunity to grow your career with the gondola while working in your community in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment.
Our Guest Services Agents help people access all the activities we have on offer. From selling season passes and tickets to answering questions at the ticket window and over the phone, to fulfilling the commitments we made to groups, this role is about interacting with our guests and providing a memorable experience. In this role, our team members have the opportunity to problem solve, create connections with our regular guests, and share their love for the outdoors with our day visitors.
• Do you love interacting with guest and providing exceptional customer service?
• Do you enjoy striking up conversation with people from all around the world and helping them decide which activity they might like to try?
• Are you passionate about the outdoors?
If so, check out the duties below that make up the role, and if you think you are a fit for the opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola [dot] com
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Regularly interact with customers promoting Sea to Sky Gondola facilities and services
• Carry out day to day duties such as processing season passes, tickets, fulfillment of group bookings, answering external and internal inquiries, filing, conducting survey’s etc.
• Proficiently use the CENTAMAN POS system to process all sales and complete payment
• Deliver excellent service and provide personalized information on the area to ensure the best experience for the guest
• Handle inquiries and guest concerns in a professional and capable manner with solutions that work for both parties.
• Take accountability for all sales transactions completed, including discounts, complimentary, service products issued, and refunds.
• Handle, record and deposit all money received and complete cash out procedure correctly
• Stay up-to-date on all prices, programs, events, and policies of Sea to Sky Gondola
• Ensure Sea to Sky Gondola service standards are maintained
• Be a proud ambassador of the Sea to Sky Gondola
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working within the tourism industry
• Excellent knowledge of the Sea to Sky region and area accessed by the Sea to Sky Gondola is a valuable asset
• Passion for people and the outdoors
• The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with our guests
• Strong organizational and listening skills
• POS (point of sale) experience
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and be able to multi task
• Remain calm under stressful and high volume situations with and without supervision
• Ability to handle conflict and resolve situations for a win-win outcome
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Able to learn large amounts quickly and to ‘think on your feet’
• Mature, friendly and well-groomed