Hours Per Week: 25 - 40 Wage: $15.00/hour
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Food and Beverage Front of House team members help showcase our locally inspired food and beverages to our guests, helping make their experience at the Gondola exceptional. From creating a full range of gourmet coffees, to ensuring the pastries are displayed in an appealing way, team members in this role have a huge impact on the guest experience. This role also involves bussing tables and using our point of sale system all the while creating connections with guests.
• Do you enjoy striking up conversations with customers while you work?
• Do you have a friendly disposition that you can bring to work on a daily basis?
• Are you good a multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our guests
• Serve café style meals and ring in orders through our point of sale system
• Maintain a clean and inviting eating area by bussing dishes and wiping down counters & tables
• Restock and rotate condiments, display racks, and coolers, ensuring the food & beverages look appealing and are well presented
• Promote sustainability by following recycling & composting procedures
• Regularly interact with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guests
• POS (point of sale) experience an asset
• Serving it Right certificate
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
• Knowledge of food and hot & cold beverages is an asset
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.