Part Time (2 days per week)
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
We are looking for a “jack-of-all-trades” to assist the Food and Beverage Manager to maintain the Summit lodge and Basecamp buildings. Tasks can range from basic DIY jobs on site to enlisting the services of trades for bigger projects.
We're looking for an individual with great eye for detail and the ability to get things done according to timelines. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of proficiency in multiple trade functions (ie. Framing, drywall, painting, basic plumbing). They'll be working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
• Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Contact and organize semi-annual services
• Maintain and assemble furniture, shelves, and other items where designated
• Regular inspections of the buildings and conduct repairs or maintenance
Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience as handyman
• Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
• Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
• Ability to work well independently
• Ability to read technical documents and drawings
• Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
• Good knowledge of English
• Good understanding of basic math
• Good physical condition and able to do some heavy lifting
If you can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.