Hours Per Week: minimum 2 shifts per month required, shift length varies per event
Wage: TBD, based on experience
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our Events Team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Events Team help our guests to experience our various seasonal events, from Friday night music at the Summit, photos with Santa, Easter family events and more! Your friendly and outgoing personality helps to ensure our guests have a great experience.
• Do you love interacting with guests and providing exceptional customer service?
• Do you enjoy striking up conversation with people from all around the world?
• Are you passionate about the outdoors?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide personalized information on the event to ensure the best experience for the guest
• Regularly interact with guests, promoting Sea to Sky Gondola facilities and services
• Set up and tear down of event furniture, props, décor and other (timing to be 4pm-10pm for music nights)
• Handle guest concerns in a professional manner with solutions that work for both parties
• Stay up-to-date on all programs and events happening at Sea to Sky Gondola
• Bussing glassware in a high-volume environment
• Provide line direction to help create flow in and around the Summit Lodge
• Support and assist the bar staff or bussing staff
• Ensure walkways and pathways remain clear
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working within the tourism industry
• Previous event experience an asset
• Detail oriented and ability to act independently
• Excellent knowledge of the Sea to Sky region & a passion for people and the outdoors
• Enjoys working in a team environment
• The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with our guests
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to remain calm under stressful and high-volume situations
• Be physically able to move furniture and various other items for events – up to 25lbs
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you think you’re a great fit for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com