FAQs and Pricing
What types of programs do you offer?
How long are your programs?
A typical program runs from 10:00 am - 1:30 pm.
When do your programs run?
Our programs run daily, year-round, except for seasonal maintenance in November.
Where do we meet our guides?
Our guides will greet you and your students as you come off the bus or, if you're carpooling, please meet your guides in front of Guest Services.
How many classes can you accommodate at once?
We can accommodate several classes at the same time. Contact us for more details.
Do you have complimentary tickets for teachers and chaperones?
The Sea to Sky Gondola offers the following complimentary admission policy for teachers and supervising adults (these adults must be participants in the Education Program.) If your student count changes, then your corresponding complimentary admissions will also change:
• Kindergarten - Grade 12: 1 complimentary adult admission per 6 students
A Special Education Assistant or Education Assistant accompanying a student will also receive complimentary admission and is not considered part of the above ratio. Additional adults over and above the student to adult ratio will receive a discounted ticket rate. Additional adults are welcome to visit us at the summit during a school visit, but we ask that only teachers and designated supervisors attend the program. Supervisors are expected to participate in the program and monitor the students.
Please Note: Individual class needs are considered. Should you have a special circumstance, please don’t hesitate to discuss it at the time of booking.
How much are the programs?
See program pricing below. Program prices include tax and gondola access.
Do you require a deposit?
We do not require a deposit.
What type of payment do you accept?
The final payment is due upon arrival to the Sea to Sky Gondola and will be processed as one payment. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, debit, and cheques are all accepted forms of payment.
Do you have lunch options?
We have a variety of lunch options available, please contact us for current menu options. Final numbers for pre-ordered menu choices must be confirmed 3 business days before the event. Please notify the Sea to Sky Gondola in advance of any food allergies and/or special dietary requests. Once given, the guaranteed numbers are considered final and must be paid in full.
Are your Education Programs accessible to everyone?
Absolutely! The gondola cabins, Summit Lodge, and viewing decks are wheelchair accessible (weather dependent.)
- We offer several supports for visiting students so that everyone can enjoy our programs.
- We use annual Canucks Autism Network (CAN) training and Power to Be workshops to help us provide a more inclusive experience for everyone.
- Sensory backpacks are free for use by students on school group tours. There are two available so please reserve at time of booking. These include noise reduction earmuffs, weighted blankets, and fidget toys. We are grateful to https://varietyalberta.ca for this donation!
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) materials are available for our Mountain Sustainability education program. We can provide the communication sheet in hard copy, and also by a QR Code for viewing on a phone or tablet."
What if the weather is bad on the day of our program?
Our programs are designed to be run in all weather conditions. Mountain weather conditions can change quickly and are often unpredictable regardless of the time of year. Please prepare for all weather conditions. If for any reason beyond the Sea to Sky Gondola’s control, including weather or other emergency conditions, we are unable to operate and guide, such non-performance is excused and the Sea to Sky Gondola may terminate the event without liability of any nature. We will do our best to facilitate a new date.
Do we need to be a school class to participate in your programs?
Not at all! We run our education programs for a variety of clubs and youth groups.