A minimum commitment of 4 days/month required
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Education Guides deliver transformative educational experiences that engage, thrill, and inspire young minds with hands on learning and interactive demonstrations. Our curriculums are designed to meet the British Columbia Ministry of Education’s prescribed learning outcomes for each grade level and to enhance traditional curriculums by bringing education to life. This is an “as needed” role when school, youth, or camp groups are visiting. School programs could occur Monday to Sunday, 9:00am to 3:00pm.
• Do you enjoy leading and educating school aged children and teenagers?
• Do you enjoy educating yourself and sharing your knowledge with others?
• Do you enjoy guiding children and youth safely through physical outdoor activities?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead groups of children in outdoor educational hikes
• Attend all guide training sessions
• Arrive 30 mins prior to scheduled school group arrival to help organize groups as well as 30 mins post school group departure for debriefing
• Be cognizant of time and flow of the day, ensuring adherence to schedule
• Work with Lead Education Guide to ensure all groups are running smoothly and students have positive & memorable experiences
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience with guiding children and youth required
• Strong education and/or instructional background and experience
• Criminal Record Check (working with vulnerable people)
• First Aid and/or CPR certification is an asset
• Ability to be outdoors in variable weather conditions for long periods of time
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.