Please note: pets are not able to ride up the gondola.
For guests hiking up the Sea to Summit trail with their dog(s), we offer a RIDE DOWN ONLY Ticket as well as a RIDE DOWN ONLY Annual Pass for dogs (all other pets are prohibited). If you/your doggy are unable to hike the Sea to Summit Trail, here is a list of easy-grade, dog-friendly trails near us in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
BUSTER THE DOG RIDE DOWN ONLY TICKETS & PASSES
(Partial proceeds are donated to the BC SPCA)
|Ride Down Only Ticket||N/A||$19.05|
|Ride Down Only Annual Pass||N/A||$49|
While hiking up
- Leashes: your dog may be off-leash during the hike, but must be "in control", respecting other hikers. Please leash your dog if required.
- It is strongly recommended that you leash your dog in areas of fast-moving water (in particular around Shannon Creek that feeds Shannon Falls). It is also recommended that both you and your pet stay well back from the water's edge.
- Scoop that poop! All owners are expected to clean up after their dog, as well as dispose of any poop in the appropriate waste bins.
At the Summit
- Please leash your dog at the summit, for the gondola ride, and at the base until you have reached your car.
- Once at the summit, dogs must stay in the "Dog Parking" area in the plaza.
- Dogs are not allowed on other Sea to Sky Gondola front-country trails, such as the Spirit Trail, Panorama Trail, and Wonderland Lake Loop, as well as on the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge, Summit Lodge Viewing Deck, or other viewing platforms. Dogs are allowed on backcountry trails.
Failure to respect the rules and requirements associated with responsible dog ownership and behaviour will result in the suspension of your dog’s download privileges and will threaten this opportunity for fellow dogs and owners.
We ask that all dogs abide by the Buster the Dog responsibility code:
- Ensure your human doesn’t let you bark excessively when you get excited.
- Make sure your human picks up after you when you...umm...have to go.
- Make sure your human doesn’t let you lick or jump up on people. This playful nature might not be accepted by all humans. We welcome visitors from all over the world, from different cultures who may not be comfortable around dogs. Please respect other visitors' space.
- Take great care when there is wildlife around - they don’t really want to play with you. Don’t harass, chase or bother wild animals.
- You are responsible for your and your human’s behaviour at all times.
Uploading for Service Dogs
Due to our unique mountain environment which is home to both our resident and indigenous wildlife, we ask that you please introduce your Service Dog to Guest Services at the base of the Mountain upon arrival. Upon verification of your official BC Guide Dog & Service Dog Certification card and vest; you will be given a unique “Service Dog” pass. This pass will help to identify you and your dog to our staff and fellow guests in order to provide the best experience and accessibility possible for you. Our service dog-only policy is for the well-being of the environment, other hikers and of course, the wildlife on the trail. There are no exceptions.
For more information on British Columbia's Guide Dog and Service Dog Certifications, please visit their official website here.
Should you arrive at the gondola with your uncertified pet, please note we do not have a shaded area in our parking lot for your pets to remain in your car while you enjoy your Sea to Sky Gondola experience.
Please note: therapy and emotional support animals (even with a Doctor's prescription) are not considered to be service animals within British Columbia.
What about out-of-province visitors who use a guide or service dog? For more information on British Columbia's Guide Dog and Service Dog Certifications, please visit their official website here.
Discover more great events
Enjoy one of the many special events at Sea to Sky GondolaLearn More about Discover more great events
Experience a year of adventure, events and activities with an Annual Pass.Learn More about Annual Pass
Shopping and Retail
Find that perfect something at one of our retail stores.Learn More about Shopping and Retail