Demi Chef – Daily Operations
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 25-40
Wage: $18.75/hour to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
The Demi Chef – Daily Operations trains, mentors and elevates all cooks under their Supervision. They ensure that all cooks in the catering division cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes. The Demi Chef ensures that all cooks under their direction have the tools and resources to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
• Do you enjoy Supervising, mentoring and training staff?
• Do you have a passion for food and creating an exceptional guest experience?
• Are you good a multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our guests
• Train, supervise, coach and mentor team members for culinary skill and efficiency
• Inspect method of food preparation and cooking in the specific area
• Model and ensure cooks use proper portion control
• With The sous chef, develop daily specials
• Interact with customers promoting and educating re food products and services
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained and sanitary condition with adequate supplies of operating equipment are always available
• Manage plate presentation for consistency and portioning
• Ensure compliance with Foodsafe through temperature checks and stock rotation
• Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to our recycling & composting procedures
• Conduct regular, daily meetings with the team for information and education
• Perform other duties as requested by the manager and other team members as required
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication skills
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.