Covid Visit InformationUpwards and Onwards
Before you Visit
Explore our website to plan your day. Please consider that our quietest times to visit are weekdays, overcast/cooler weather days and weekends prior to 10:30am or after 3pm.
Download the free Sea to Sky Gondola Trail Map App on the app store.
Health Canada recommends the use of masks for periods of time when it is not possible to consistently maintain a 2-metre physical distance from others.
- When you arrive you will be asked to show your annual pass or proof of purchase of a ticket and directed into the parking lot as long as the Sea to Sky Gondola is not yet at visitor capacity.
- Please follow the directions of the traffic attendant or signage.
- Please go directly to the lift if you have purchased a day ticket online or you have an annual pass.
- In the event that the Sea to Sky Gondola is at full capacity, you may be asked to remain in your car or to return to the gondola at a later time.
- Washrooms, Basecamp Cafe (grab and go), and limited retail available at the base.
Gondola Cabins: Upload and Download
- You will be asked to line up in your gondola cabin group.
- Only COVID-19 bubble groups will be riding the gondola together. Simply put, if you’ve driven here together you can load the gondola together.
- Unrelated groups must not ride together in cabins.
- Each cabin will be disinfected between usage.
- We will be loading even-numbered cabins at the base, odd number cabins at the summit.
- Hand sanitizer must be used prior to loading into a cabin.
Food and Beverage
The Summit Lodge is currently closed except for the washrooms that can be accessed on the lower level of the building. An accessible washroom is available on the upper floor right at the entrance.
We will be offering a limited menu of grab and go trail-friendly snacks/drinks from the Basecamp Café and in the Backyard at the Summit.
Our locations will only be accepting contactless payment (credit and debit cards for payment).
There is a limited amount of spaced picnic tables and seating in the Backyard and on the Summit Lodge Viewing Deck.
Trails, lookouts and bridges
- For the safety of everyone, please adhere to directional signage on all bridges, trails, and lookouts and adhere to physical distancing rules.
- The Sea to Summit Trail will remain closed. We encourage hikers to enjoy the alpine trails accessed from the summit.
- The Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge allows for one-way crossings only starting from the Spirit Viewing Platform and going towards the Summit Lodge.
- The Spirit Trail will be one-way only to allow for the one-way suspension bridge crossing.
- The Spirit Viewing Platform, the Chief Overlook Viewing Platform, and the Octagon Deck will have a max capacity of guests at one time.
- There is limited retail at the base and the summit. Please come prepared for all weather and conditions as they may change.
- The capacity of shoppers in our retail locations will be reduced in order to maintain physical distancing.
- Our retail locations will only be accepting contactless payment (credit and debit cards for payment).
Reconnecting With the Great Outdoors Safely
We are carefully implementing measures in collaboration with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), and our industry partners. These initiatives may be adapted based on health recommendations as the global health crisis and recovery evolves.
For the health and safety of everyone, please do not visit the Sea to Sky Gondola if any of the following apply:
- If you have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days, you are not permitted at the Sea to Sky Gondola.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the Sea to Sky Gondola. Call you doctor, local public health or call 8-1-1.
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the Sea to Sky Gondola.