Catering Server (casual)
Start Date: Feb. 14, 2019 End Date: Continuing into summer
Hours Per Week: Casual (minimum 2 shifts per month)
Wage: $11.40/hour plus gratuities
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Summit Lodge provides a spectacular venue for weddings, meetings, corporate events, and parties. Our Catering Team Members work as a cohesive unit to make every event, large and small, memorable for our guests. From setting up the venue to pouring wine and everything in between, this role is dynamic and fast paced and a great opportunity to gain serving skills.
• Do you like creating a welcoming environment and ensuring things run smoothly at events?
• Are you passionate about customer service and food?
• Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, high volume environment?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct service to guests as needed. Including greeting guests, serving tables, bussing tables, and seating guests.
• Interact with guests to personalize the experience while providing information regarding the food
• Set up and/ or tear down of each event as specified, as well as clean up after event
• Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to recycling & composting procedures
• May assist the bartender with set up and tear down, restocking as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guest
• Previous serving experience
• Ability to lift up to 20 lb
• Point of Sale experience an asset
• Serving it Right certificate
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of food and hot & cold beverages is an asset
• Passion for people and the outdoors
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.