Start Date: March 2020 End Date: End of October 2020
Hours Per Week: 30-40
Wage: $16/ hour plus gratuities
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Summit Lodge provides a spectacular venue for weddings, meetings, corporate events, and parties. Our Catering Team Members work as a cohesive unit to make every event, large and small, memorable for our guests. From setting up the venue to pouring wine and everything in between, this role is dynamic and fast paced and a great opportunity to gain serving skills.
• Do you like creating a welcoming environment and ensuring things run smoothly at events?
• Are you passionate about customer service and food?
• Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, high volume environment?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead wedding ceremonies, corporate events and assist with internal events
• Oversee and help execute event set up with the catering team
• Provide direct service to guests as needed. Including greeting guests, serving tables, bussing tables, and seating guests
• Interact with guests to personalize the experience while providing information regarding the food
• Set up and/ or tear down of each event as specified, as well as clean up after event
• Assist in training new staff
• Promote our culture of sustainability through adherence to recycling & composting procedures
Required Skills and Experience:
• Previous serving & bartending experience in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact and problem solve with guests
• Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
• Excellent attention to detail
• Always a team player - your success as the success of the team
• Serving it Right certificate
• Ability to lift up to 20 lb
• Passion for people and the outdoors
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed – and a YES sayer
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed condos and townhouses. Please inquire about availability.