We are very excited to announce that we will begin offering two special programs based out of our Basecamp this fall during the gondola closure. We will be using the trails between the Stawamus Chief and Shannon Falls to introduce students to our local flora and fauna.
Junior Rangers - Flora & Fauna
Using the Basecamp as a launching point, the Junior Rangers - Flora & Fauna program introduces students to the world of seasonal changes and the needs of plants and animals. Students will explore local wildlife biodiversity, adaptability and the importance of humans sharing ecological spaces with animals. Programs will have classes exploring Shannon Falls and other areas near the Sea to Sky Gondola Base.
- Grade K-3: Seasonal Changes and the Needs of Plants and Animals
- Grade 4-5: Humans and the Subalpine Environment
- Grade 6: Adaptability of Plants and Animals in the Subalpine
- Grade 7-8: The Food Web of a Subalpine Ecosystem
Activities that make up our Junior Engineers program are designed to blend engineering, science, and technology with hands-on experience and creative opportunities. Students are encouraged to connect them with nature and wildlife in an interactive way that promotes an inquiry-based method of learning.
- Grade K-2: Force and Motion - How we move
- Grade 3-4: Building a Strong World - Arches, Domes and Triangles
- Grade 5-6: Simple Machines - Having a Mechanical Advantage
- Grade 7-8: Sustainable Energy - Engineering for the real world
For more information and to secure your date, please contact sales [at] seatoskygondola.com (subject: Basecamp%20School%20Programs) .
The Sea to Sky Gondola will reopen in Spring 2020 and offer our popular school programming at the summit. Please do reach out for more information.