Basecamp Cafe Lead Hand
Start Date: Immediately
Hours Per Week: 30-40
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience. Join our team and work in a spectacular outdoor recreation environment with a progressive and fun organization.
As the Basecamp Café Lead Hand you will help showcase our locally inspired food and beverages to our guests, helping make their experience at the Gondola exceptional. From creating a full range of gourmet food and coffees, to ensuring the pastries are displayed in an appealing way, our Basecamp Lead Hand has a huge impact on the guest experience. This role also involves bussing tables and using our point of sale system all the while creating connections with guests.
• Do you enjoy striking up conversations with customers while you work?
• Do you love to create a locally sourced menu for our guests’ food experience?
• Are you good at multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare hot and cold beverages made to order by our guests
• Prepare hot and cold food in time for the breakfast and lunch service
• Serve café style meals and ring in orders through our point of sale system
• Maintain a clean and inviting eating area by bussing dishes and wiping down counters & tables
• Train and supervise front of house team members to ensure they have the skills required to provide an excellent customer experience
• Restock and rotate condiments, and coolers, ensuring the food & beverages look appealing and are well presented
• Promote sustainability by following recycling & composting procedures
• Regularly interact with Gondola Guests in a positive and engaging manner
Required Skills and Experience:
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guests
• Previous Supervisory experience in a food service position is an asset
• Ability to work independently and multitask various orders from guests
• POS (point of sale) experience an asset
• Foodsafe level 1
• Ability to prep food with little supervision
• Ability to troubleshoot and find solutions as they arise
• The ability to remain calm yet fast paced under stressful and high volume situations
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when handling cash
• Knowledge of food and hot & cold beverages is an asset
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
If you answered yes to the questions above, can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, please send a resume and cover letter to joinourteam [at] seatoskygondola.com
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.