Squamish, BC, July 15, 2013 – The Sea to Sky Gondola announced today the appointment of Sue Dixon to the senior position of Mountain Operations Manager. Sue was the successful candidate picked from an excellent group of applicants for the position.
“We are extremely happy to have someone with such an exceptional professional background and career as Sue. She comes to us with perhaps the perfect combination of mountain operations experience in all facets of a facility like ours. I know Sue is very excited about putting together a fantastic team in the coming months to operate our new amenity”.
Sue Dixon has an extensive 25 year background in resort and mountain operations. Below is a short list of her experience;
- Intrawest Corporation, Guest Services/Lift Operations/Roads & Parking Manager (1988-96)
- Buller Ski Lifts Ltd., Outside Operations Manager (1997-1999)
- LaTrobe University, Instructor – Tourism Diploma: Ski Area Management (1997-1999)
- Cypress Bowl Recreations, Recruitment and Training Coordinator (1999-2000)
- Whistler Blackcomb – Intrawest, Operations Manager – (2001 – 2010)
- Grouse Mountain Resorts, Operations Duty Manager / Health & Safety Manager (2010-2013)
Sue is a current member of the North Shore Emergency Management Team, the WorkSafe BC/go2 Technical Advisory Committee and the BC Safety Authority Technical Advisory Committee (Technical Ropeways).
Sue will be relocating to Squamish from North Vancouver as a result of this position with a start date of September 1st. Sea to Sky Gondola will be adding more positions to its operations team in the coming months as well as other positions as it gears up for opening in Spring 2014.